Saturday, May 20, 2006

Helping the Pets

Helloooo bloggers. I'm baacckkk. I know that you missed me. Come on. Admit it. Your lives were completely empty without me as you need my humor and wit to fulfill your days.

yeah right. Now back to the real world.

Today I volunteered for the local animal shelter. They were having adoption day at the PetSmart. They had some really sweet babies for adoption, although I somehow got stuck walking this huge 90 lb. dog around the store all day. Actually, to be more accurate--he walked me. And, now I have the shoulder ache to prove it. But my story is actually more for the PetSmart customers instead of the shelter volunteers.


Attention all PetSmart shoppers. When you dog relieves itself on the floor...clean it up! For those of you that ever go to PetSmart they store provides bags, spray, paper towels and hand sanitizer to ease the burden of cleaning up the mess. People. Please. If you are going to have a pet, then take responsibility for it. If you don't want to clean up after it I have a simple solution. Keep your animal at home. PetSmart doesn't require animal accompaniment to enter the building.
I just can't understand this problem. I mean, when my dogs miss their pee pads I don't just shrug it off. I'm cleaning it up. If its gross at home--its even more gross at the store because its someone else's dog that did it and not your own.


I hope that all of you are having a fun weekend.

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

10 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger MaR said...

You said very nicely!!! I don't have pets ... hope that job interview on wed went well. Happy sunday!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

We did miss you! Each day when I checked my bloglines, I would sigh with dispair!
Yes, I hate people who don't pick up after themselves.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

oooops, their dogs, I meant!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

I'm really stunned that people would do that. I mean, I don't have a dog (but you know that! :) ) but my mother does and she would NEVER just let it "go" somewhere and not clean up after it. It's just rude!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

I did one of those PetSmart adoption days. I told my very shy doggie that she needed to walk around and meet people. She soon began walking up to people, looking at them, and looking at me, as if to say "is this the one?" Finally, she walked right up to a woman and plopped onto her lap, and found her new mom! I felt so good.

Glad you're back to blogging.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a former petsmart employee, thanks for stick up for us! However, I think that the very worst of all of the customers are the ones who think it is ok to talk on their cell phones during check-out. The cashier is a person, and the cell conversations I heard were never important enough to justify the bad manners! Thanks for letting me rant. Maybe I oughtta get my own blog.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! Glad that I did...you have a rather interesting and busy life at that, eh?

If you stop by mine anytime soon...you'll see my kids in the adventure of planting their very first vegetable garden!!! LOL
Hope that you can find the time to come by my blog site and please post a comment when you do...I like for those who visit my site to let me know they've been there :) (you will need to 1. register (FREE), on the right side of my site before you post...this is just to make your visits more personalized, etc. and then 2. click "Leave Your Comments" back at the regular part of my site on any comments that interests you, and then 3. "Post Reply" once the comments page comes up and type your comment).

I'll try to visit your site regularly and hope that you visit mine as well! :) God Bless! :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I did miss you! I was wondering about you. Nice to see you posting.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Socks, Abby, Blackie, Dexter and Bonnie said...

I am a foster mom for one big black Maine Coon. We have gone to a couple adoption fairs. But Blackie is still with me. I am going to link from the cats site.

Awsome job you are doing. glad to see you posting.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home