Friday, May 05, 2006

Hats & Weddings

So, I'm really needing some help here. I am the Princess of making sure my dogs are dressed to impress, but there is also a functionality to their fashionistaness. First, they are chihuahuas, they get cold. So, the little outfits keep them warm. My girls don't own any doggie boots, but I could see a chihuahua needing them when going outside to peep in a climate colder than Oklahoma. Decorative collars, those hold the tags that bring our babies home if...God forbid...they get lost. But, people. I beg of you. Why, oh why, does a dog need a hat in the summer?

They look like they are really uncomfortable for the dog with that elastic wrapped around their little heads. I, the Pink Chihuahua Princess herself, do not understand why dog outfits come with a matching hat.

Tomorrow I have to go to a wedding for my husband's cousin. I'm really bitter about it because whenever my husband and I got married his family lied to me about giving me a shower. They told me the whole summer that the reason none of them were coming to my other showers was because they were throwing me this big shower the night before the wedding. It turned out to be a wine and cheese party. Let me take this moment to tell you that my family doesn't drink, and felt extremely uncomfortable at a WINE and cheese party. To make matters worse only one person out of my hubby's HUGE family bought off my registery. Everybody else just picked up the first pink thing they saw and wrapped it up.

Well, his cousin has received several showers from his family. One is actually tomorrow afternoon before the wedding. I'm going to go, I guess, but I'm leaving if it starts to upset me by bringing back all the hurt feelings I felt before. I am also not buying her anything off of her registery. She likes orange, so she's getting the first orange thing I see and can wrap up. *see above*

I kind of feel bad about it. Like, its not pleasing to the Lord for me to be so spiteful. And, its not. So, maybe I'll come to my senses before my Target trip tonight to buy for her. If not, I'll probably be easy on myself claiming that at least I bought her something orange!

Good Shabbos to all.

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

10 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sorry that your in-laws did that to you. That was pretty crappy of them.

Come to think of it when I got married not many people bought off our registery, I wonder why people do that?

If it were me I would more than likely be spiteful and not buy any them anything off their registery. But, that's just me. I know you will make the right choice.

Have a great day!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

It's funny all those years ago when I got married everyone thought I was not "worth the trouble". Now all these years later, my ex-husband's relatives love me and realize that he is a schmuck. His Aunt even appologized for being unkind.
But it was very hard to deal with, so I sympathize.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Mine Mommie says that her in-laws are just as unkind as yours & it IS furry furry hard not to want to be just as mean to them. She struggles with this too & says she's purraying for the both of you!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Emily said...

weird; it's so random that they gave you a wine and cheese party .... when you don't drink. and then ... didn't buy stuff from your registry? so odd. i hope you and your inlaws are getting along better these days. :)

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger HanktheDog said...

When in doubt, ask what your dogs would do if they were people.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

that really was not very cool of them...but we did have fun with the karaoke machine for a little while! :) love ya!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Yes we did. It was fun singing those songs together! We had fun that night in the hotel too!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Tahoe N Winston said...

Just wanted to drop by and thank you fur your wonderfur wishes on my adoption day!

Snuggles & hugs =^..^=, Winston

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home