Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Road Goes on Forever, and the Party Never Ends

Last night my husband went over to a friend's house to record some music. My husband was once a professional musician (pre law school), and he has a friend with a recording studio in his home. So I go with him thinking that its going to just be a few hours and that the home owner's wife will be there.

She was gone and didn't come back home until I had been there almost 2 hours. The recording just kept going on and on and on, and then there was a "surprise" dinner party. Yeah. I can't explain my excitement (insert sarcasm here). I had a horrible tension headache and all these people started coming over for dinner. It was horrible. And, even though I whispered to my husband how much I was ready to drive home during dinner he seemed to have not heard me. Thus, the band went back upstairs and started recording again. All in all, we were there over 7 hours.

Don't worry girls--the tension headache didn't stop me from giving hubby a good talking to in the car on the way home.

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

11 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

I understand. I had a day sort of like that today, only I was in my own home. And it was my friend. I went in and said to Hubby, "Why'd you let me do that?"
He had no answers for me.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Sometimes men can be a piss.
Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Oh man, seven hours as a recording studio hostage? He owes you big time!

Lisa

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Lesson #1 - Always take 2 cars.
Lesson #2 - Men don't take a hint.
Lesson #3 - A good talking to always make a headache feel better.

LBC

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there. Done that. Given the "lecture." Glad you survived!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

Poor Princess! When my husband is going to go do "his thing" somewhere, that's when I stay home and do my thing.

I hope you feel better today.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I've learned from my female human that there's no being subtle with men. You can't just walk up to them, purr, and maybe knock the food bowl around a few times if you need food. No, you have to walk up to them, jump on their face, smother them with your fat belly, and then when they push you off, jump back and headbutt them HARD.

They get the message, and you get the food. However, in your case, I would think a swift, hard headbutt still could have solved the problem and gotten you home sooner!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stinks!!! I'm sorry about that. I would have said, "call me when you're ready... I'm going home."

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

I bet that little "talking to" helped your headache go right away. :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger MaR said...

Oh, poor you! men, you know...

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

OMGoodness.......well, I would certainly give my hubby a piece of MIND on that too!!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today. It's always nice to see ya there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home