Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things about The Time my Dog Was On The Lam


1. I took Tzeitel to the mall with me the other day. It is a mall we (the dog and I) frequent often together.

2. She was even dressed in her new sundress.

3. After a few hours of walking around the mall police says "Ma'am, did you know you can't have dogs in the mall?"

4. I said, "No."

5. Then he proceeded to tell me that you can't, and that its posted on all the doors.

6. I didn't tell him this, but I checked the door that she and I entered the mall through and it said nothing about "no dogs allowed, except service animals."

7. When he determined that I wasn't going to be rude about the situation his whole demeanor changed and he even admitted that nobody reads those lists of rules.

8. He even said that he himself didn't read them.

9. So, we left.

10. On our way out of the mall I exited through the same door we entered through.

11. I looked for the sign. It was there, on the side wall in an entryway connecting the outside door and another door going into the actual mall. The no dogs rule was about #8 in a list of at least 15 rules.

12. Did I mention that I carry her the whole time, she weighs five pounds, and never bites or barks?

13. People, I beg of you, does my long coat chihuahua really seem like she should be on the lam?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




32 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Laci said...

Great list/story! :)

My TT is up... Happy Thursday! :)

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Undercover Angel said...

That's a great list. My TT is up.

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Laura said...

cool list
congrats on the attorney gig!
my TT is up

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger MaR said...

I guess they could have a size rule, you know, the kind they have for kids: not allowed to ride alone if they are under 1,2m (can't do the math this morning for feet!). happy TT, mine is up!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Man, what a bummer! Should have said something like, "WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING ABOUT MY BABY HERE? This isn't a dog, it's my CHILD! Are you saying my child loved one here looks like a DOG?????" ;)

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Maybe you can post a photo of your dog in her sundress. I would love to see it.
My T13 is up too.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

At least everyone was nice about it...

My TT is up.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

That's a shame. But, there are people who are alergic I guess or fear of dogs...who knows, but I bet your little baby is a helluva lot cuter and more diciplined than some KIDS I've seen in the mall!!!! 'Fur' sure!!

My T T is published.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Criminal dog! tiny handcuffs needed. :) ha ha. And all in her new dress. So unjust!

My list is up
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

hahahaha! I love it. My neighbor has two chihuahuas and they bark all of the time - I am glad to hear your's is nice a well behaved.

my list is up - stop by for a visit.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

One would think that with the love of small dogs in this country, people would start opening up to them more in public places! Nice story. :)

My are up! Happy Thursday.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Interesting! I'd love to see her in her sundress!

My 13 are also posted.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I am more of a "big dog" person myself, but I am starting to see the merits of the little ones.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like little dogs. They taste more like chicken than big dogs. Big dog meat is to tough. jk ok

pvtB)fs

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

What a cute story!

When we lived in Germany, we were amazed that people take their dogs everywhere. We've even seen big German shepherds lying on the floor in a restaurant while their owners eat. NEVER happen in the US.

My list is up, too.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

what a story?!! ...at least he was nice about it, but boy, isn't there more important things for him to monitor?!

..my list is up:)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

Awww...poor baby. How can she shop for new sundresses if she can't go to the mall. I mean I understand the meaning for keeping out big, mean dogs, but a five pound chihuahua? Come on. Hope you have a good Thursday! Mine are up at both sites!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.... I think that you maybe made his day... Maybe it's the only time he's get to decide over people - his wife is the boss at home ;-)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, love your list/story. Glad she didn't need an attorney. My TT is up.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

yes, I did paint that stool - it was sooo much fun. I was thinking about doing an entire bedroom in that style.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish i could have seen it!!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

sounds like you have a real killer on your hands :)
original way to post! i've only done the 13 thing twice but it is really hard to come up with ideas!! this one was great!
visit if you have a chance

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

My guess is that your dog is just fine. But they're thinking that if they let your dog in, they'll have to let in every 120 lb rabid incontinent St. Bernard, and it's just easier to say no to all.

My TT is up!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Red Queen said...

Great story-wee ones are easier to take placesbut my dogs are always biggies. My TT is up, sniff it out.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No but if you bring your dog, we'll all bring dogs, it'll be anarchy...

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dog dresses waaaay better than i do to go to the mall. or anywhere, actually!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

You know, the thing I love about Germany is that I could bring my dachshund with me almost everywhere! They seem to understand that animals are valuable little friends.
Love your list!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

That cracked me up. Thanks!

Oh! I had to go to the pet store the other day to buy a carrier for Snick... like I haven't spent enough on her this week alone ;) And I found a PINK doggie purse. Not for the dog, but for you to carry and the dog's head sticks out the side. AND I found a PINK frilly doggie sweater. Of course I thought of you :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jane said...

I am so sorry they made you leave the mall......bummer.
Thanks for visiting me today. I LOVE company.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Great Story! How dare they make you leave the mall?!?!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Norma said...

My daughter's chihuahua is so small that even the carrier looks like a purse.

My TT is up.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A size rule does sound good. Cute little! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home