Sunday, September 23, 2007

I remembered!

This was the "yeah" I told you guys I forgot in my last post.

Recently I found a mixed CD that my friend and I made about 5 years ago. I hadn't even thought of any of the songs on that CD for, well, 5 years. It was so amazing to me how powerful the songs were to remind me of that time in my life. With each new song the memories just flooded back to me. I know that music is very powerful, but I didn't realize just how much power it really has in allowing us to connect with memories and parts of our lives.

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

6 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i have totally experienced that! i think it's even more with mix CD's -- you remember what's about to come next, and riding around town with the windows down.... :) i love music, too.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

I am back from the dog show! Arnie did totally great!!! I'll be around more now for commenting and hopefully writing too! I sure have missed the blogasphere!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger MaR said...

Oh, nothing like music to take me back in time :)

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger K said...

I know, certian songs can bring back a thousand memories

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby would have told you he knew that! LOL

He says music touches every part of our lives and is very strong. I have to watch what i say because he will sing me a song to match! I call him my music man!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Mom just had that conversation with her sister a few days ago. Some songs bring back such strong memories. Places, people, activities associated with the memory are all there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home