Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Single People

Do you ever notice that people feel sorry for you when you are single? Quite frankly, except for needing some sunscreen on my back this past weekend I can't think of a time since I've been divorced that the thought "I wish I had a guy here" has really entered my mind.

My singledom has been a wonderful opportunity to "find myself" again, not raise bratty children, and reconnect with some fabulous girlfriends. But, I have realized that people don't quite see it my way.

Little Jewish mothers are constantly "hooking" me up with their sons and telling me stories about how hard it was for them when they were single. When did the phrase "my better half" move from a compliment to literally mean we are only half a person when we are single?

Not that I don't like going on dates with nice messianic men, but I'm not half a person and I'm not lonely.

Plus, they have sunscreen in spraycans now. :)

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Hubby was trying to tell our house sitter that she "needed" to find a guy and have kids. Good golly Miss Molly, she is 35 and knows what she wants. She likes being single and doesn't want kids. I say, to each their own. Let it be.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Amy said...

i often wish i had someone to talk to or have that person that i felt closest too but otherwise i do fine being single...and yes the spray cans definitely come in handy!

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I think people just automatically assume if you are single you aren't happy which is silly. People just need to accept different situations and not expect everyone to conform.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger The Wanderer said...

Oh yes, our momma has a hard time convincing peoples that she really is single by choice and desire. Many peoples can't understand that a furry buddy is much better then a date any day...lol.

~Napoleon & Hunter~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home