Sunday, April 30, 2006

Playing with the band

I hope that everyone had a good weekend! We all went to A-town this weekend to see my husband play in his band. He is a wonderful bass player, and was a professional--on tour and everything--before settling down and going to law school. Which, of course, is where he met little ol' me.

The tribe has a show once a month and the singers are absolutely fantabulous. I've never watched him play with this particular band because I have been studying for the bar exam all of 2006 until March. I knew that the band was going to be good because of the people playing in it (one guy plays steel guitar for Loretta Lynn), but I was really only expecting so-so talent in the singing department. Boy, was I wrong. One of the girls actually gave me chills when she sang. My husband swears that last night wasn't even their best line up of singers.

After the show we had a little date without the kiddo at Applebee's. It was a fun weekend, and I even got to take a nap Saturday. Here's to a good and fun week for us all!

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! :) I love the applebees dessert. Too bad the weekends go by sooo fast. A nap sounds sooo good!!! :)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Emily said...

hooray! sounds like big fun; i love live bands so much; i'm jealous!

so, not to be stupid, but i'm confused. you passed the bar, but still another 10 days till you're an attorney? do you graduate from school then? i'm lost! :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Singing is a huge part of my life...love it, love it!! Have a good one!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! More eventful than mine! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home