Monday, May 01, 2006

Schedule

So we're implementing a schedule for Little-Girl. She can't really seem to take it upon herself to get things done, so at the suggestion of her grandmothers we are scheduling every part of her day out for her. This is really hard for me to understand because I was an only child and was always very mature. It was how I avoided being in trouble. I also always worked very hard. She has seen that modeled at home too because her daddy and I were in law school just these past three years, and I know she remembers me locked up in the bedroom with earplugs in studying away for hours at a time--because she tells me she remembers.

I've never looked at myself as some smarty pants type person, but I knew I could always accomplish what those smarty pants people can if I just worked hard. That's all we are hoping to gain out of this experiment, is for her to work hard in school again!

Is this a good time to say how much I love being an adult, or what!

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scheduling has always helped me... I have done it forever and still don't get EVERYTHING done...lol.

Maybe if not scheduling, a checklist.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i hope it works out well for her - and you!!

some kids thrive on schedules, others - maybe struggle more with it. :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home