Saturday, August 12, 2006

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers

Note: Yea for me...this is my 100th post!

Tonight I went to Wal-Mart, and along with buying groceries, I bought Chloe's school supplies. For those of you with children, I would like to give you a few pointers as you also proceed with your back to school supply list shopping.

1. It is rude when I say excuse me to your child, when they are completely day dreaming in the middle of the aisle and blocking the entire passageway, to look at me with a "how dare you talk to my little baby like that" look.

2. It is annoying to allow your small elementary children to throw a fit in the middle of the crayola and folder aisle. Having an elementary child myself, I understand that you often cannot control them. In this way they are like small furry chihuahuas, but you can move them to another location to let their emotions out. Come to think of it, they are like small furry chihuahuas in this way too.

I need crayola products too, people. And, its not my fault Wal-Mart is out of the Brats brand folders.

3. The lunchable aisle. Lunchables (read--disgusting food children eat) are conveniently located next to food for families (read--bacon, lunchmeat, hot dogs, cheese, tofu, etc.) in my store. Allowing your child to stand in front of the luncahbles, and thus, blocking the "family food" (see list above) section is rude and uncalled for. Isn't it common Wal-Mart courtesy to move over so that a newcomer on the aisle can see what's stocked there as well? Children should not be exempt from this role. In fact, this could be one of those "special family learning moments" where parents teach there children common Wal-Mart courtesy.

This has been a public service announcement from the Pink Chihuahua Princess.

Hugs, love and 100th post chihuahua kisses

19 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

Crazy parents! Oh, by the way, Eli said he will also give you some Soy Delicious as payment too. :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special family learning moments about WalMart courtesy - LOL! I'll have to remember not to miss that one when my baby's old enough to actually stand in the middle of an aisle :)

I hope you're doing well, and thank you for visiting me!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Amy said...

now that is just hilarious! fiance refuses to go to walmart with me any more because of those reasons! i couldn't even get down the aisle to get a notebook last time i was there and when i said "excuse me" nobody moved so i finally just left! HOW RUDE!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I truly think that shopping brings out the worst in parents everywhere. But I do think that we can strive to be the grownups and act mature and try to at least have some measure of control over our kids. I have a four year old, I know it is hard, but it can be done so that we are not making everyone else in a ten aisle radius miserable.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on the 100 posts =)

I really don't get #1. That's how we normally deal with people in our way, and I've don'e it with the little ones before. People need to relax!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh and congrats on the 100th post!! woohoo!!!

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Some parents just seem to lack manners and it shows in their kids.

Happy 100th Post!!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

Ugh... I hate Wal-Mart. I can't stand it. But unfortunately that list isn't just limited to Wal-Mart... is it?
What is it with parents? No wonder our kids are so rude... selfish... demanding... self-centered... arrogant... that silver spoon attitude... Can you tell I have issues ;)
(Glad you and hubby liked my Friday Funny :p)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tigersan said...

Happy 100th post!
As for the children at the store, too bad you can't give them a little neck-nip to show them who is in charge ;)

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

rude rude rude rude rude! Ugh. Thank you for the public service announcement. ;)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

My mommy is a walmart associate...and she even agrees with you...right now the school supply section is about driving her over the deep end...and she wants to know when the school supply list went from a ruler pencil and eraser....to costing about 100 bucks

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger MaR said...

Happy 100th post!!! missed mine, missed my 200th as well...oh well!
chihuahua greetings to you!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Preach it, Pink Chihuahua Princess! The best, however, is when you do not have children (like my human pet for example), yet you too need the school supplies. The other humans give her nasty glares while she tries to fight them for those supplies, and she believes it's because of two reasons: a) they're angry that she has no kids with her while she shops or b) they're angry that she's buying school supplies when clearly she has no kids with her (see A).

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

LOL! You are too funny! The bad thing is that often the PARENTS have not learned common Walmart courtesy, and they pass their rudeness onto their children.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i just have to say that it's not always the kids. the moms are so CLUELESS sometimes, blocking the entire aisle. get outta the way!! i'm trying to shop here!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! True! All of it! As a matter of fact - back when my kids were small I refused to even TAKE them IN to the grocery store -- I waited for my hubby to come home and he babysat while I shopped in peace. And BOY it ticked me off when OTHER people brought their screaming children IN to the store! Perhaps we should ban children from stores... LOL! Just kidding... sorta...

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait... IS there proper walmart etiquette? I'm a frequent walmart shopper myself, but I'm not sure it's the Miss Manners of shopping. sometimes I'd rather wait & pay more later when the crowds are gone. at least the worst is almost over...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Spock said...

Momma say the childrens sometimes learn dees ahaviors from they parents. She nos cause she hasta shop wiff them too. I is furry glad I don't gots to go dere. And also she says that when you am spending $400 freaking dollars to get back to skool crap in they store that wal-mart pee-poles should be a little nicer too. (Momma gots a love-hate relationship wiff wally world.)


I missed you Princess!!! (& efun yore woofies...but don't tell nobody.) :)

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day when you actually have "real" children you will understand that you can't always control their emotions. I bet if your stupid little dogs wanted milk bones than your fat ass would block that aisle. Obviously you have no life and have stooped to an immature level of blogging for your gay ass dog's and throwing yourself pink princess parties for yourself. Get a life and see a fertility Dr so you can stop living your life through dogs!!! P.S. Your an Idiot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home