Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Controlling my tongue

The Bible says to control your tongue...to speak few words. Well, today, I'm doing just that. Several weeks ago my very lazy sister-in-law informed us that she was tired of her 1.5 year old dog. This dog is hyper, but very cute and precious. He even rings a doorbell with his nose when he needs to go potty. She and her husband wanted to get rid of him because they didn't want to waste their time training him not to run around the house. They do have a 9 month old baby, but he was always very gentle around her.

Anyway, we made it V.E.R.Y. clear we would take the dog and N.O.T. to put him down or anything like that. My mother in law informs me last night that mean dog-killing sister-in-law had her dad take him to the pound last week. Husband and I are distraught. We called this morning first thing and the pound said they only keep the dogs 3 days. Husband is going by just in case.

To make matters worse, we have since found out that another family also offered to take the dog from mean ol' sister-in-law. Its almost as if she wanted to put the dog down. Two different families (that we know of) had offered to take the dog and she still had her dad take him to the pound. I'm just hoping he got adopted, or picked up by one of the no-kill shelters because he was young and cute.

I feel as though I should be mad, but I'm really just hurt and very, very sad. For those of you that have read this blog before the hiatus of falling in love and getting married, you know that I love, love, love dogs.

Please be responsible pet owners, peeps.

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

7 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Janet said...

ok...rant coming on...[insert deity here] DAMN IT!!! WTF is WRONG with people??? HAYSUS! Karma, baby...karma will BITE HER IN THE ASS.

/rant over

sorry!

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am with you on this one. I don't understand people who get pets then throw them away! They are a full responsibility and should only be view that way, not as a cute toy that gets discarded once it does not act as expected!

Hopefully she will never indulge in another pet and only raise babies instead. Imagine her surprise when she figures out in years to come that raising the dog would have been easier!

Yes you are right to hold your tongue because all it will do is just make you hurt more about it. She did not care and that is why she did what she did. Or maybe she was afraid you would try to give the dog back! Or even worse that you would have the dog trained in next to no time and make her look bad!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Wow! That is ridiculous!

We recently had to give away a kitten who wasn't working out in our home....but we first got her all the shots she needed and found her a loving home (with my brother in law). I can't imagine dropping off an animal at the pound. That would be too, too sad. :o(

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh man that is totally the worst! I would never speak to this person again. She is evil!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

ugh, that's really awful. :( Why would you do something like that?!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Emily said...

you must really be hurting. :( i'm so sorry.

maybe there were some health issues she just hasn't divulged? i just hope it's not what it looks like, or like you said, that someone adopted the darling.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

We had to give two of are dogs to a no kill shelter, we had to move into an apartment, because the house we lived in was being sold. We had lived their for 5 years and thought we would be in the house for many years to come...(not so) we had 4 dogs 1 went to my sister and we could take one. I still cry!
I'm so sorry for you I really know the hurt.
PCP, thank you for coming by my blog, I will visit often.
Shalom
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home