Friday, December 15, 2006

Pink Chihuahua Princess, Esquire


Almost everyday of my life I leave my office feeling that I've made a difference in at least one person's life. My practice is mostly made up of divorces and adoptions--so either way I'm dealing with people that are a nervous wreck.

But, somedays, its really depressing. Yesterday during court I witnessed something extremely sad--and although I cannot discuss it here because of confidentiality concerns--it still stunk! I consider myself pretty calloused. Even with my own divorce I had my wits about me and felt completely fine 48 hours after the initial separation, and it hasn't bothered me since. But yesterday in court, I had tears that wanted to come out while I was watching the case scheduled before mine. Of course, I had to get that under control. I can't ruin my facade of being the hard nose, butt busting divorce attorney that I like to think I am.

So, I've done what any good girl would do in this situation. I've used Jelly Bellies to make the most delicious recipes. This is a gift from one of my friends from law school. Mmm...mmm...goood!

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

7 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear that, it's hard sometimes to keep those emotions in check. I sometimes wonder how I'm going to do it, I'm a very sensitive person.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

There are certain jobs I know I could never do, just because I am sensitive.
Hugs!!!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Tigersan said...

Me will take one from each... and just throw them all in me little mouth!

Yummy! :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you had a bit of a rough day! I sometimes fear that, in certain contexts, working in law will collide with my emotions...and it's going to keep some willpower to force them back apart. Hang in there and enjoy the Jelly Bellies! I'm sure you can make a lot of great "recipes" out of those.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure some of the cases must really get to you! Candy always makes me feel better, too.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

i'm sorry that it was so yukky. :( But I've got to say the jelly belly recipies were a good choice of release. :)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger MaR said...

That must be very tough... I think those cases are particularly touchy if there are children involved...I couldn't handle such a profession, hats off!!!
Yeah for the Jelly Bellies!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home