Saturday, November 25, 2006

Vet ER

I've just had the most terrifying experience. We had Thanksgiving today with my extended family in Osage Country. I was gone from my house around 6-8 hours, and when I got home tonight Belicia was covered in huge red whelps. Her fur was even sticking up in places because her skin underneath was so red and upset. Frantic, I wrapped her in her favorite pink blanket and sped to the closest 24 hour pet ER.

She was bit by some type of insect, and the vet felt like it was a spider, bee or wasp. She had to get a puppy IV and a shot. Once I found out she was fine I started crying. I guess from the let down of everything. So, now, I'm setting the alarm to get up and give her medicine all night. It makes me think of Greta's Mother helping her through her morning sickness.

Ahhh! I'm just so glad she's okay. I would post pics, but I could see where it would be a little gross to those of you that do not feel like she is equivalent to a human child. ;)

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

UPDATE: Belicia's red spots are no longer puffy, and they are really fading as well. She's pretty sleepy from the medicine, but I'm just so thrilled she's doing better. I'm thinking it would have been best to tell my newest fling how crazy I am about them during my first date. There's no way I'm escaping crazy in his mind now. hehe

9 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little Belicia! I'm really happy to hear that she is doing much better though...and I know you are too! *s*

Kuri once got to close to a bed of fire ants & the poor little girl sweeled up so much that she was almost unrecognizable...fortunately, benedryl helped her return to her normal size quickly.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh my God! I would have been frantic!
I know how it is with medications. When shubi was so ill I had to give her meds every 4 hours around the clock. I did this for 6 months. I didn't care, she was my baby.
Get well quick, Belicia!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Goofy Girl said...

Yikes!! I would have been so nervous and scared! I'm so glad that she's ok now!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger MaR said...

How scary! glad to hear she is doing better :)

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm SO glad she's doing better. That is a very scary experience!!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how scary is that! I'm glad that Belicia is ok! Man, I hate bugs!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

i'm glad belicia is ok! poor little girl!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh snuggle up close and hug her for me! Nothing worse than a sick pet or child! All us mommies worry so! Scary to think a bug could do that to her, hope it doesn't bite you!

I read thorough all your postings that I have missed and your seem to really be digging your singleness! You are having fun and that is good! Thanks for all your caring comments I really do appreciate them! Take care!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

oh, poor puppy! It's so scary when they're sick. I'm glad she's better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home