Sunday, June 24, 2007

Calling all Solo Attorneys...






This past weekend I went to a conference for attorneys in Oklahoma that are solo (on their own) or in a small firm. At first, I signed up to go just because I was on the planning committee. Boy, I'm glad I did.

It was wonderful and refreshing. Being an attorney is an extremely stressful job, and I don't really have anyone in my life right now that I feel is in my corner. So, whenever you are really going at it in a case with another attorney there isn't anyone in your corner when you get home at night. The conference allowed me to meet dozens of other young attorneys in my same position. There were also a lot of more seasoned solo practitioners that were full of good advice.

Six, count 'em six! iPods were given away, but I didn't get one. :( But, I did get to take some pictures with my new Nikon D40. I love the way the boats reflect agains the water, and you can see the crane, clear as a bell, in mid flight. The landscape picture is from the top of the Arbuckle Mountains here in Oklahoma.
And, of course, I had to stick with the theme around here and put my kiddos up too.
hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

5 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Lisa!! It sounds like you had fun at the retreat! How are you doing? I miss you. We don't know very many people in Dallas. Call me if you have some free time. I'd love to catch up and hear how you're doing.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Great pictures! Glad you found some kindred spirits to unwind with. We can't believe your trip is only a week and a half away!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger MaR said...

Love your shots! glad you had such a great weekend!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

That's cool you got to meet other professionals in the same place as you, I think that must have been very refreshing. :)

Nice pics too!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the black and white one! such a cute shot! Isn't the D40 just wonderful? I am really having a good time with mine. I caved and bought the zoom lens and wow can you really get some good shots with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home