Friday, July 14, 2006

The Cleanest Band Member's Bedroom

Although I'm not really a Fly-Lady fan (basically because that would cause me to have to commit to housework on a regular basis) I could have fooled any devote tonight. I really wish I had a before picture so I could show you guys the difference I made. As many of you know we live in a tiny apartment. Three people, two dogs...you do the math. Our bedroom doubles as an office, and as two attorneys work out of that room it seems that it is always cluttered with papers stacked in the floor. So, tonight I ended all that. You can walk in here now. Yeah! The chihuahuas don't really know what to do with all this space.

I'm really very proud of my accomplishment, but I must add that it was very simple because my husband is out of town tonight. Tomorrow he has a gig with the band he plays in for a nearby tribe, and he is rehearsing with a few friends before the official rehearsal tomorrow. I normally don't hit these gigs as we are now married. For those of you not married to someone in a band it goes like this. Before you get married you never miss, "ohhh, I love your music...you're the hottest one in the band. How lucky are we that we both are musicians so we can talk about music...yada yada yada." After marriage it goes like this:

Hubby: Are you coming to the gig?

Me: No, I'm just going to stay here with the girls.

Hubby: Okay. See you Sunday.

This time Casey really wanted me to come down to watch him play, so I'm going to go tomorrow. He'll be so excited to see the room in its new clean state. We still have a few law books I found at the bottom of the pile to pack away, but the problem with a tiny apartment is that it has tiny amounts of storage space. Good news for this problem though, I am in a huge throw away mood. I wonder if I'll pick up all the clutter in the living room this week, or if my Fly-Lady stage ends in the bedroom? But hey, I even did laundry.

A load of laundry? Gosh, that must mean I deserve some soy ice cream!

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

9 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

You go girl. Come on over to my house next. IIt could you some of your cleaning energy.
Lisa

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Do you want to clean our tiny apartment? It's always cluttered and I give up after a while! Way to go!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

There's this show the human pet watches on occasion called Big Style, Small Space or something of the like. Those people live in really tiny places, but they come up with interesting ways to store things. Maybe the show could help you figure out ways to make more room still?

And as a side note: I am looking for someone to hire as my personal litter box cleaner. Would you like the job since you sound so much more on top of things than my current owner of the past 5 years?

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh Zeus, Thank you. I am so flattered that you think I'm on top of things. Let me check my schedule about being your personal litter box cleaner.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger MaR said...

I am trying my best decluttering around here, now that I am home alone until tuesday. I have too many magazines, recipe clippings, and the like... have a nice weekend!!!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

Good job! About the soy ice cream, do you eat Soy Delicious? The chocolate is pretty good. :)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

My human pet said I was being highly arrogant and told me to come back and apologize. I'm sorry, Pink Chihuahua Princess, and I shouldn't have offered you a job as my personal litter box cleaner since that is highly degrading and inappropriate.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Have Fun! :o)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

doesn't it feel great when you get in that cleaning mood and attack your place with a vengence. Heck that feeling is the only reason,I get off my butt and do the housecleaning. Well that and I feel guilty if the house is a mess too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home