Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tradition!

Last night Casey and I went to see my favorite musical, Fiddler on the Roof. Although I have actually seen it on Broadway in NYC, I was thoroughly impressed with last night's performance. I have been obsessed with this musical since my high school did it when I was a Junior. Last night's cast, music, staging, directing, and costumes were phenomenal. And, since last night was opening night Casey and I got to go to the cast party after the show.

Casey and I both knew people in "the pit" from our musician days, and during intermission he went down to try to say hi to some of the people that he knew. Well, he got a little lost, and the next thing he knew he was backstage with the entire cast in full makeup and costume. He saw Tzeitel (my FAVORITE Fiddler character--hence the dog's name) and even talked to the woman playing the character of Golde. Gosh, I'm still jealous of that.

Before the show Casey took me on a date to a fancy restaurant here in town. I ate a curry dish, those are always some of my favorites. It was a wonderful night of Tradition, and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to see my favorite musical on stage once again.

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

7 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

now I'll be singing that song all day. :) Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match. :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful night. It's nice when those occur. :)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

Sounds like it was a lovely evening! I'm a little jealous. I don't think my hubby would ever take me to a musical or play. Shoot he has whined when I've asked to rent "Rent". (Darn, should have rented that over the weekend when he was gone! Darn!)

Thanks for stopping by my WW! Have an awesome day Mrs. PCP!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

Came across your blog...Sounds like you had a great evening...

I too,love Fiddler on the Roof and my daughter is a big fan...(She is 8 )
When she was about 5 she would walk around my very ethnic neighbourhood with a hunch and say in a very yiddish accent...
'what do we have notin'muuch'

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

I love that play! (movie) When I was in High School, I was in the play at our school! Fun, fun, fun!!!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should do that as well, i complaint alot LOL....yeah we should all be gratefull what we already have instead of what we dont have, we actually have everything if we just get a moment to think about it hehehe. I love your list!! Happy Thursday, mine is up.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

that sounds like a wonderful evening. My brother was in a small community theater group for awhile and they did Fiddler. When I was in high school we were going to do "Tevya's Daughter's" (a non-musical version) but for reasons I don't remember it never happened. I had been cast as Tzeitel.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home