Sunday, October 15, 2006

High School Football

These past few Friday nights I've been frequenting my cousin's football games. I have one cousin that plays in the band at her high school, and another that starts on his high school's football team. Thus, I 've had some time to make some observations.

First, some of the football mom's are just crazy. C.R.A.Z.Y. They are screaming so often and so loudly that they are usually voiceless after the game (this is the cousin that plays). Not only are they yelling and screaming, but this includes vulgarities. Really. Is that necessary in front of everyone over a high school football game? This isn't watching NFL at home, peopel.

Second, these same parents just love to bad mouth the other players on the opposing team. That's pretty ridiculous to me too. These kids are just that, kids. They are between 14-18 and are just out there playing their little hearts out.

The parents on my other cousin's little league football team are pretty ridiculous too. These people need some other activity to focus on!

Go Team!

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

8 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Goofy Girl said...

People get so intense about stuff.. it's insane!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winning isn't everything in my book but I realize that this is not the case with everyone.

I'm sorry you haven't watched this season of Meerkat Manor but little Shakespeare hasn't returned. I almost didn't watch anymore after that but I am hooked on the show. LOL

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

I still can't believe how nutty the high school stuff is. Especially in the southern half of the country. Now if you were playing up here in the northeast right now in the 30 degree weather then that does tend to cool you off a little!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I think baseball is worse than football too and the poor kids can hear the stuff at baseball games! It's really sad!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

having played h.s. sports, parents are a little crazy about their kids winning. But I don't remember it being as bad as it is now.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger MaR said...

it really is insane...

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just awful! I don't understand why grown adults would do that!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just awful! I don't understand why grown adults would do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home