Saturday, November 04, 2006

My Knight on a White Horse...

Girls, he's here. Literally, my Knight. Here's the story.

Since I've recently remarried my job, I've been working 13 hour days. For some reason last Thursday evening Taco Bell sounded really delicious, but since there isn't one in my town, a Taco Bueno it was. I pull up and place my order. As I drive around to the window to pay I am greeted by a very nice man with a British accent.

He says, "you are just gorgeous, are you married?" I said "no." He then asked if he could take me out to dinner and then I said, "Are you married?" He said that he was divorced. I didn't say no or yes. He then proceeds to write his phone number down on my receipt and tells me that he'll be getting off at 1:30a.m. and for me to call him then. He then refers to me as "my lady" and promises that with him I'm getting a real gentleman because he is an actual Knight, knighted by the Queen of England.


Why is a Knight working at Taco Bueno? Needless to say, I didn't call him. My main reason--I was asleep at 1:30a.m., well that, and he could be an axe-murderer.

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

13 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hahah british accent is hot! but calling at 130am not so hot ;)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday, but blogger wasn't cooperative---again!

Anyway, I wanted to tell you your 'award' post was really cool.

Ya know my motto?--"If the shoe fits, buy each color!"

Happy Sunday and thanks for the visit and your wonderful comments.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I would be asleep at that time too..usually but how nice that he paid you such a wonderful compliment. *s*

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Leepak Hope-ra said...

Cupcakes are wonderful aren't they? So glad to know that you can relate to my situation. And speaking of wonderful, English accents are definitely that. My ex is from England and I have to say that he could read the phone book and I'm sure I could fall in love all over again!
Thanks so much for visiting my page, come back anytime...there's more to come!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Amy said...

ok i just HAD to laugh because honestly that's hilarious! maybe if he wasn't working at taco bueno and wasn't asking you to call at 1:30am but wow!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

british accents are very cool and everything, but a knight working at taco bueno? he needs to come up with a more believable story than that! i'm so glad you didn't call him. wait for your real knight. :)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

plus, not to be snooty, but he works at the taco bell drive through. :)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Emily said...

that is crazy!

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Some of us go years without meeting a real knight! But that was a great line he gave you! And well you are a princess so who better to compliment you but a knight from Taco Bell! Too cute! I am glad you did not call!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger MaR said...

Just heard Hugh Grant on tv and oh, that accent!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a booty call to me. Gald you didn't go! But still flattering anyway!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Aside from this scenario being potentially.....SCAREY....I'm laughing out loud with you!

Diane

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger SimoneladybugKnits said...

That's funny...yeah, I wouldn't have lost sleep over a knight either :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home