Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday 13

In honor of being the newest lady who lunches on the block, I've tried to make up 13 fun things about "lunching."

1. It is a nice and welcome break from my busy schedule.

2. I've met so many new attorneys.

3. These new professional friends are really helping my business grow.

4. Its just plain fun.

5. Especially when other people simply "insist" on picking up the tab.

6. And, being the "lady that lunches" that I am I simply let them indulge by giving in and letting them pay.

7. When its my turn to simply insist, its a wonderful tax right off.

8. Its turning out to be good exercise because I make myself walk to where the lunch spot is.

9. It helps me practice my professional social skills, which makes me more outgoing which leads to #3 above.

10. Its helping me continue to lose weight because its so easy to order a salad for lunch.

11. Its a good excuse to wear something cute everyday because I know I'm going to see someone I know.

12. Its guaranteed time that I get to talk about my precious chihuahua children.

13. Its guaranteed time that I get to gush about how I am all of a sudden disgustingly happy with my life.


Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses!

The TT website is here.

15 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Geggie said...

Congrats! I love lunching too! Have a great weekend!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger DigiscrapMom said...

This is a great TT! I'm sure you're enjoying lunch more than before. Just continue doing it :)

Happy Thursday!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Faerylandmom said...

Congrats...I have no idea what "lunching" means, but if it involves food & friends, I'm all for it! Great list! Mine's up too.

Click here to visit, if you like.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Emily said...

i'm impressed that you can lose weight! i don't have the self-discipline you do and end up ordering something yummy but bad like a burger and fries when i eat out! :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a neat list. I work nights so I dont get to go lunching nor do i get 30 minutes in a row to socialize..one day, but not now

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger K said...

A great list!! Lunching sounds like lots of fun!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger MaR said...

Congrats, it sounds like something I could get used to very easily too!! happy TT!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Mmmmmmmmm......

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

I am so glad things are going so well!!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like lunching has been a great thing! Wanna take me out ;)

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunching...sounds like a very good thing! My favorite kind would be when somebody else picks up the tab :) Being a broke law student, that is one of the few ways I can actually manage to lunch properly!!

Happy Thursday!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunching...sounds like a very good thing! My favorite kind would be when somebody else picks up the tab :) Being a broke law student, that is one of the few ways I can actually manage to lunch properly!!

Happy Thursday!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I like #12! Way to go on #3 too!!! A chance to wear something cute is ALWAYS a good reason!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed alot not making rounds this week! You my friend are doing wonderful. I can see your smile as I read the words you have written! You are really enjoying yourself and that is good. You appear to really love the career you have chosen and are making some nice friends and doing all the right things for networking relationships! You go girl!

How are your pretty little girls doing! Still have pink toenails?

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your 13 reasons to "lunch* Perhaps, it is something I should try from time to time. *s*

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home