Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday 13


In Honor of Father's Day...13 Reasons Why I Love My Dad.

1. To date, he has never been to busy to take time for me.

2. He always tells me I can do whatever I want to do.

3. When I was a baby, and he and my mom were just getting started he worked multiple jobs to make ends meet. I truly respect him for that.

4. He is a hard worker and taught me to be the same.

5. He taught me to ride a bike.

6. He taught me to whistle.

7. He sat at the roller skating rink for hours when I was little so I could skate. How boring that must have been for him.

8. He never missed a school play...or anything else for that matter, even in my adult years.

9. He gave me a beautiful wedding and walked me down the aisle.

10. He loves me unconditionally.

11. He opens all my doors for me, and taught me from an early age how a lady deserves to be treated by a man.

12. He is the most generous person I have every met.

13. He's my Da-Da and I love him!

Hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

I am not using Mr. Linky this week. Please leave your comment and I will link you in this post.

Links to other Thirteeners:

1. Adventures in Juggling

2. Wystful

3. Reverberate

27 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Laura said...

awwww!!!! lucky dad!
Happy Father's Day to him.
my tt is up

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

That list is soooooooooo sweet! I'm glad to read the very first one. The one where he is never too busy for you. Seems in this day and age, that seldom is heard.

Great list.

My Thurs 13 is posted

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

Lucky girl to have had such a good Dad. I missed out on that. So give your Dad a big hug and tell him how lucky you are to have him!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

Your dad and my dad should get together and play golf or something. :) I posted about my dad today, too.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lists like this one. Our dads deserve great tributes for all they do for us! :) Happy T13 Day to you and Happy Father's Day to your dad!

My T13 is up if you'd like to drop by.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Heather Smith said...

Great 13! I'm totally a daddy's girl! Mine are up here and here!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Strong Enough said...

What a great list! Happy Father's day to your da-da!!!

My TT is up!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, what a nice tribute to your Dad!!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Geggie said...

I'm loving all of the dad posts. This is a great one!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you, having a dad like that.

But that's another story.

#4 is good.

My 13 are up!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Beck said...

That's sweet - it's so nice to hear people who appreciate their parents.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Julia said...

sounds like you have a great dad

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Daddies are so great. You're lucky to have him and it sounds like he's equally lucky to have you.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool!!! I hope you guys have a Happy Fathers Day!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger MaR said...

Aww, what a nice list! Father's Day is on March 19 (St Joseph's) in Spain. Happy father's day to your dad, happy TT! mine is posted.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Fathers Day list. I still miss my dad after 15 years, but I send flowers to his grave every Fathers Day.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine's about my dad too. Sadder than yours it seems.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit.

Dad's are special ... treasure him while you can.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

So sweet!
Happy Dads day to your Dad!
Great list!

Mine are up!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger YellowRose said...

What a lovely tribute to a great dad! I love that he sat there for hours so you could roller skate!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

That's a sweet TT. In Australia Father's day is in September. My TT is up.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Norma said...

He sounds like a great father. A very nice tribute.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Emily said...

such a sweet list! i loved it - and it made me remember my dad and how lucky i am to have him, as well. :)

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I can see very clearly that you have a great and wonderful Dad. You're one lucky daughter.
My T13 is up too.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Your dad sounds awesome. What a blessing :).. Good idea for a TT btw.. I should have thought to do a daddy day post ...oh well, I got to enjoy yours :)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

What an awesome Dad he is! Happy Father's Day to him! :-)

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wonderful and sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home