Monday, November 20, 2006

There wasn't even a note...

November 20th is a significant day for me. Four years ago today suicide came into my life, unwelcome, put up a tent and camped out for about a year. The experience stole my innocence, and I never fully returned to the person I was before this very personal tragedy.

This post is one of my rare public service announcements. Please, please be aware that it can happen to anyone. Suicide does not happen to any one race, age, gender, social or economic class. It is also irrespective of educational background. If you know someone that you think has suicide knocking on their door, please take action.

hugs, love and rememberance kisses

7 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a cousin that committed suicide in his Mother's home. I wish we had paid attention to the signs.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

i don't think that a lot of people know when it's that serious. But I think everyone needs to take depression as a whole much more seriously.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Suicide is such a terrible thing. Thanks for making a PSA about it... its an issue ppl need to think about.

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suicide is so devastating to the family and friends and it does change you. I am really sorry that you had to experience such a loss.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Amy said...

My aunt committed suicide. It's a very personal tragedy that most people don't like to talk about..thanks for bringing the issue up front!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Maribeth said...

dachsie hugs! I think almost everyone knows someone who has commited suicide. I was 12 when a friend did. I never understood. Now, looking back I at least understand the illness called depression so much better.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew... Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home