Sunday, April 06, 2008

Staying Sane

Lately, its become very obvious how busy my life is. I am a fervant believer and follower of Yeshua, Jesus, the Messiah. I own a very busy law firm where I wear all the hats, I'm a newlywed and a new step-mom. His kids are very little so they take extra energy.

I'd like to pause here to say that I never said I wasn't happy. I am deliciously thrilled with my life, and its more of a perfect fairy tale than I ever imagined when I was planning it all out with my friends in second grade recess. Notwithstanding, its still busy. So, everyday I do a few things to keep sanity high on my list.

1. Most days I spend quiet time with the Lord.

2. I make hubby a priority. We have a saying around here. I am a believer first, a wife second and a lawyer third. Hubby is my second priority and I'm his second priority. No matter what! I kill myself getting things done and not wasting time when I'm in the office so that nighttime is just ours. Sometimes work happens at night for both of us. But I work very hard to make 5:00p.m. until bedtime his time.

3. I clean. I'm a cleaning fanatic. When I lived in an apartment I was super messy. Having a home that's yours changes all that. I'm cleaning wash boards, using a toothpick around the edges of the cabinets and comet is my new bff. I will say, though, I think I live in the dustiest house in America. This thing makes bunnies overnight!

4. Blogging. I've starting blogging again because it is such a release for me. I've really missed my blogosphere friends and its time in the day that's just mine.

5. I made the purse mine, and mine only. No one can get in it. Not even my precious hubby. Not even the girls. ;) It gives me my own personal space, which those of you with children know is vital and precious.

What do you do to keep sane?

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

7 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Maribeth said...

It's what you have to do to stay sane, trust me. How many step children do you have?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Amy said...

What about the doggies? How are they adjusting to all the changes?

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Emily said...

mm, i blog to stay sane too. also, i do biofeedback, journal, and read scriptures. similar things to you. :)

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Eh... sanity is over rated.
Actually, I love your list. It's awesome.
xo
LBC

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

PCP,
Thanks for visiting! You do like pink, don't you? Good for you... you're pretty in pink!

Stayed tuned, I'm going to post an update on Ami Ortiz tomorrow. Our God is an awesome God!!!!!!!

Shalom and blessings, PCP.
-Deborah

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Who said I was sane?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

ha! that's funny. i think i kept my room pretty clean when we lived in an apartment together, but since getting married, i've become a lot messier. i'm planning on getting clean again though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home