Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Comic Book Helper

On mornings when we have the kids...things are very busy around here. Four people trying to get around for school and work gets things going quite quickly. My husband's youngest is just too little to reach the table so I geniously put a phone book in his chair several weeks ago. Suddenly, I am the smartest Imah to ever live. Anyway, a few days ago husband was in the shower and I'm sitting in the living room typing a pleading and youngest starts shouting:

Boy: Daddy!!!!!

Me: Daddy is in the shower. What do you need?

Boy: I can't find my comic book.

Me: Your what?

Boy: My comic book.

Me: I don't know anything about a comic book. Go ask daddy.

Boy: (shouting through the door) Daddy!!! Have you seen my comic book?

Husband: No. Go ask Imah (that's me).

Boy: I already did. I guess I'll just sit on my feet.

He then went into the dining room and started to climb into his chair. It hit me. The "comic book" is the telephone book I put in his chair. It had been moved.
I found it, placed it in the chair, and was once again elevated to my status as smartest Imah, ever.

hugs, love and chihuahua kisses

6 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Awww so cute :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Amanda Fortney said...

that's hilarious. how old are the kids?

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Sarah K. said...

Kids say the darndest things, eh?

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Pedro said...

Congratulations, you are a great Imah (what does that mean?) It's the little things that count more than you realize!

Pedro's mom,
Rachel

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger MaR said...

Darling little story!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Amy said...

What does Imah mean? That's an adorable story! How old are the kids?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home